Anne of Green Gables is rumored to be returning to TV and is set for production in the summer of 2013. It will join a long line of Anne adaptations, stretching back to a 1919 silent film based on Montgomery’s series of eight books.
Anne is one of the world’s favorite redheads and although some may argue that she wasn’t the most stylish, How to be a Redhead takes inspiration from her look.
1. Straw Hat: Anne was known to wear a straw hat and it is a very popular accessory staple this summer. This Brixton ‘Joanna’ Straw Hat will protect your fair skin from the sun and will also make you look super fabulous.
2. Do It Big: Although Mary Kate and Ashley made the big bag a trend a few years back, what women doesn’t love a huge purse to put her whole live into? This Steven by Steve Madden Tapestry Tote is guaranteed to hold all of your goodies while pulling your outfit together.
3. Wrap It Up: Catherine Michiels Silk Wrap Bracelet is a bracelet that will give your outfit a bit of an edge, but still giving you a casual vibe.
4. Wear Jean: Jeans, jean shorts and jean dresses are all staple pieces for your wardrobe. This summer, opt for a summer dress like this one from Madewell.
5. Protect: Keep your skin and lips safe from the sun with Kiehls’s Activated Sun Protector SPF 50 and MAC’s Clear Lipgloss.
With these five simple fashion inspirations, you’ll be living proof that Anne of Green Gables makes red look chic!