By: Olivia Shea
Let’s face it, attending holiday party after holiday party can become a bit monotonous, no offense Chris Kringle. Sure, it may take more time to grow tiresome of eggnog and ginger bread cookies than figuring out what to wear to each of these festive fiestas.
So, before you sink into the throw-on-anything-black-and-blah rut, add some holiday cheer with these fab fashion and beauty trends:
1) Statement Making Hair Accessories: Make your do look as individual as a snowflake by adding a rhinestone head band, barrette or bobby pin to a simple updo or to pin back fly aways. Try: Claires, H&M, Forever 21 and Rickys
2) Costume Jewelry: If bling in your tresses isn’t your thing, try it the old fashioned way, with jewelry of course. A bold necklace or bracelet loaded with crystals and gems add a frosty edge to any ensemble. Try: Bestey Johnson
3) Nail Design: Deck the halls with nails of dazzling designs with step by step instructions from Nailsmag.com. Once dry, you will purposely point to everything in sight just for the compliments. Try: Nailsmag.com for more tips for your tips.
4) Bright Tights: Nothing spruces up a simple black dress like a pair of bright tights. Pair them with pumps or booties to add some much needed pep to your holiday step. Try: Forever 21, Urban Outfitters, H&M
5) Red Lips: This beauty staple is a must for the holiday season as it compliments fair aka my skin has not seen the light of day since October complexions. When wearing red lipstick, be sure to keep the rest of your makeup minimal. Try a light layer of foundation, black winged eyeliner and mascara.
Try: Susan Ciminelli’s True Red Lipstick. Keeps your lips looking fresh, moisturized and bold! $2 of each lipstick purchased will go to the Susan G. Komen for The Cure Organization to help fund breast cancer programs in the Greater NYC area.