When trying to combat dark under eyes and puffiness, many of us redheads turn to under-eye patches. It’s a simple skincare trick and only takes a few minutes, but does it really work? Let’s break it down.
READ: Why Under-Eye Serum is Important for Redheads
Do under eye patches really work?
The short answer is yes. The long answer is yes, but only if you use quality ones. You can’t expect under-eye patches to work miracles, but when made with the right ingredients, they can help to reduce puffiness and/or under-eye bags.
Which ingredients help combat under eye bags?
Under-eye patches help to fight under-eye bags by hydrating and nourishing the skin while reducing inflammation. You want to look for eye patches that have ingredients that can target your problem areas. Some of these ingredients include:
- Retinol: Helps to stimulate collagen and promotes skin elasticity.
- Caffeine: Can help to reduce puffiness.
- Hyaluronic Acid: Keeps skin hydrated and moisturized.
- Vitamin C: Protects skin from UV damage and provides antioxidants.
Do I have to buy expensive eye patches?
There are under-eye patches of all price ranges that can help to combat your under-eye bags. You don’t have to buy only high-end products to get a good result. Check the ingredients and you’ll be sure to find what you need at any price point.
Other tips for using eye patches:
- Cleanse and dry your face for optimal absorption.
- Pop your under-eye patches in the fridge for a boost of cooling.
- Rub excess liquid into your skin after use for full benefits.
- Avoid under-eye patches with fragrance or dye if you have sensitive skin.
- Always patch test any new products that will be going near your eyes to avoid irritation.
Redhead-approved eye patches to try out:
Shiseido Benefiance Wrinkle Resist 24 Pure Retinol Express Smoothing Eye Mask
AZURE Retinol & Vitamin C Anti Aging Under Eye Mask Patches
Cala Under Eye Patches Retinol & Vitamin C
Rock it like a Redhead!