Yesterday, we shared an easy inside out ponytail for National Love Your Red Hair Day (1 more day to go!) The disheveled fishtail braid is a great option because it looks flawless and is super easy.
Here are the 5 easy steps:
1. This kind of braid looks best with texture which is why clean hair is not always ideal — because the braid could come un-done. So, use a dry shampoo like Paul Mitchell Express Dry Wash. The formula instantly leaves hair looking and feeling freshly washed with a clean scent, but gives it some “give” too.
2. Half the hair straight down the middle and hold apart.
3. After dividing hair in half, take a small outer piece of one of the sections and cross it over the other section. Add it to the inside of the outer section.
4. Next, make the exact same cross but on the other side. Take a small piece from the outer part and cross it over the inside of the other section. Note: Stick to smaller pieces, as they will make your fishtail braid look stellar.
5. Do #3 &4 until you have reached the bottom of your hair. Secure with a redhead hair tie.
To make your fishtail disheveled, gently take a small piece of hair at the bottom and pull up. This will make it full and messy. Do this for every piece until you’ve achieved the right look.
The finished look!
You can also do this look with a french braid! Watch below: