Christina Hendricks was on the July 2010 cover of LA Magazine. Inside, she woke about dying her hair red at the age of 10:
“I was obsessed with the Canadian novel Anne of Green Gables. I decided I was Anne of Green Gables. There was something that spoke to me about her, and I wanted to have her beautiful red hair. So my mother said, “Let’s just go to the drugstore and get one of those cover-the-gray rinses!” My hair was very blond at the time, but it went carrot red. And I was over the moon. I went to school the next day and felt like myself. And then I went back [to that color] over and over again…”
Wasn’t her cover look stunning too? Here are the 7 easy steps to getting her look:
1. After prepping your skin, apply a loose mineral powder like NARS Soft Velvet powder.
2. With eyelash glue and a good tweezer, apply fake eyelashes.
3. Use a liquid black eyeliner to create that dramatic Christina Hendricks eye. Make sure to go wide on the top lid and also stroke on the bottom lid.
4. Apply a cranberry lipstick.
5. To create that glossy colored lip, apply a lipgloss over your lipstick.
6. Sequin Hats were all the rage last season- but why not bring them back this season? Urban Outfitters has a great selection.
7. Large (especially blue) costume necklaces always complement red hair.
Rock it like a Redhead!