By: Guest Writer, Flynn Pyykkonen, NYC Makeup Artist
Redheads, embrace your freckles! It is good to be different. I once heard freckles are kisses from angels, so why would you want to cover them up? There are few people far and in between who have these adorable pokadots on their face. I am one of them and we are some of the lucky few!
My basic makeup tips for freckled skin:
1. Apply a great facial moisturizer before you apply makeup.
2. Only use a sheer layer of foundation so you do not hide your freckles. Try Tarte ‘Amazonian Clay’ 12-hour full coverage foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 15 Sunscreen. It is lightweight and has sunscreen.
3. I love applying my liquid foundation with a damp sponge or The Beauty Blender to give glowy, dewy, skin and still be able to see freckles.
4. If you’re looking for a heavy concealer for spot treatments like dark under eye circles, I love Laura Mercier Camouflage Cream Concealer prior to applying the sheer foundation. This concealer has a heavier consistency but will still let your skin breathe.
5. My advice is to enhance your freckles! Let them shine.
Rock it like a Redhead!
Photo Credit: (c) How to be a Redhead, Pictured: Flynn Pyykkonen at the 2013 Rock it like a Redhead Event