Wedding season is typically mid-April through mid-October and redheaded brides must step up their hair styles more than blondes and brunettes because the color is so rare and beautiful.
Co-Founder of How to be a Redhead, Adrienne, got married on July 28th in Charleston, South Carolina and wanted her hairstyle to express her personality (fun but laid back) without being over the top. And she wanted to share her red hair wedding secrets with you!
It took six easy steps for hair stylist and lifetime friend, Kiera Doyle, to make Adrienne’s red hair beautiful, beachy and fun:
1. Using an inch curling iron, take small sections of the hair and curl hair. For each section, hold curling iron to hair for about 30-45 seconds.
2. To get perfect loose waves, take a comb and gently comb curls. This will loosen up the curl, but give it great texture.
3. Hold hair spray 6-8 inches from head and spray evenly throughout hair to hold style in place.
4. Taking two 2 inch sections from each side of your head, twist each section and join them together on whichever side you prefer (Adrienne chose for hair to go on her left). Using bobby pins, secure hair twist.
5. Adrienne decided not to have a vail, but add flowers to give a bridal, beachy feel. You can clip on flowers to where the bobby pins are securing the hair, or whichever accessory you choose.
6. Hair spray style once again to hold hairstyle in place.
If you’re looking for gorgeous gowns to go with your ‘wedding-do,’ make sure to check out these rockin’ dresses!
Keep beautifully Red, ladies.