Redheads typically have green or blue eyes and others have brown. Whichever color you have, here are 7 tricks to make your eyes (and hair) pop:
1. Apply Eyeliner For Your Eye: Women should line their eyes according to their eye shape. For instance, if you have super big eyes, it would be beneficial to line the top lid and the bottom. But, this wouldn’t work for someone with smaller eyes; instead, apply the liner both halfway on top and bottom. Find out what works for you and work it!
2. Smudge: If you can’t get a straight line when applying eyeliner, use a brush to create smudging; this a natural and timeless look.
3. Don’t Be Afraid to Use Too Much Mascara: Make sure to coat every lash all the way to the tip and concentrate on the corners and outside lashes. Use a brown or black/brown to make your eyes and red hair pop.
4. Enhance The Eyebrow: Eyebrows have a big effect on the appearance of your eyes, which is why they should always be maintained and groomed. If you do not have naturally thick eyebrows, use a pencil that is a bit lighter than your natural color to define the shape, then follow with a brow powder that is closer to your natural hair color. After, use a brow gel to set the powder.
5. Open Up The Eye: Take a white pencil and line the rim of your lower eyelid.
6. Soft and Eye-Poppin’: Line your top lid with black eyeliner and your lower with brown liner. This will make your eyes pop, but still give you a soft look.
7. Layer Your Liner: Nothing makes the eyes pop more than eyeliner and sometimes it can be difficult to draw a perfect line. So, line your eyes first with a pencil liner then go over it with liquid liner. The eyeliner will stay on, smudge-free!
Rock it like a Redhead!
Photo Credit: Kara Kochalko, © How to be a Redhead