Vitamin C is an ingredient that should be part of every redhead’s skincare routine. It is a powerful antioxidant that brightens your complexion, fights fine lines (by increasing collagen production) and protects your skin from environmental stressors. As we mature with age, our skin’s levels of vitamin C decrease, which is why it’s so important to include this ingredient in your skincare routine.
Here are four helpful tips on choosing the right vitamin C:
1. Use a vitamin C serum that will effectively penetrate through your redhead skin.
2. Make sure it comes in an airtight pump or bottle and keep away from sunlight since it’s an unstable ingredient.
3. If your skin is super sensitive (like most redheads), do a patch skin test before applying it throughout and work it in your routine by using it every other day. This will also build up your skin’s tolerance and avoid irritation. If you don’t notice any redness or irritation, you can implement the serum every day – morning and night.
4. After application, apply a gentle ‘redhead friendly’ moisturizer on top of your serum. Make sure your moisturizer does not have retinol as the main ingredient, as this may cause irritation.
6 ‘Redhead Friendly’ vitamin C serums for sensitive skin:
1. Radha Beauty Natural Vitamin C Serum for Face, $16
2. The Ordinary Ascorbyl Glucoside Solution 12% Vitamin C Brightening Serum, $19
3. Fleur & Bee Natural Vitamin C Serum for Face, $28
4. MD Complete Bright & Healthy Vitamin C+ Vitalizing Serum, $29
5. Drunk Elephant C-Firma Day Serum, $80
6. PCA SKIN C-Quench Antioxidant Face Serum, $110
Rock it like a Redhead!
Subscribe to the H2BAR Box: A monthly and quarterly beauty subscription box for redheads! Use code: REDHAIR for 10% off. Subscribe now!