Maybe your red hair is starting to gray, or maybe you’re redhead ‘by choice’. Regardless of why your red hair needs a little help, it can be costly to get frequent salon touch-ups. Try a ‘Redhead Friendly’ approved root cover-up spray or powder to cover up those grown-out roots or pesky gray hairs.
Here are five more root cover-up products to cover up your roots.
If you’re using a spray, shake well before use. Hold the product a few inches from your red hair and press down lightly until the product sprays out from the bottle. Let it dry for about a minute before styling.
1. dpHUE Color Touch-Up Spray: This long-wearing spray is good for all hair types and textures and can help to cover up or blend roots. It’s vegan, cruelty-free, and free of sulfates and parabens.
2. R+Co BRIGHT SHADOWS Root Touch-Up Spray: Give your roots a boost while instantly covering regrowth and grays between hair appointments. The non-sticky formula is transfer-free and lasts until you wash it out.
3. Clairol Root Touch-Up Spray: Spray away the grays and extend the life of your color with this natural-looking root spray. Spritz onto roots and along the hairline for a flawless finish that lasts until your next wash.
Shade: Auburn Red
If you’re using a powder, sweep a small amount of powder over clean roots starting from the scalp and working outward. You can apply a light mist of hairspray before application for extra coverage.
4. Madison Reed Root Touch Up Sienna: Brush on to instantly camouflage roots and grays. This rainproof, sweatproof, transfer-free powder can also double as a brow product for the perfect color match.
Shade: Auburn Red
5. Style Edit Drop Red Gorgeous Root Touch Up Powder: Your secret weapon for covering root growth and grays. With just one swipe this powder glides on to lock in color and shine at home or on the go.
Shades: Light Red, Medium Red and Dark Red
Rock it like a Redhead!
Subscribe to the H2BAR Box: A monthly and quarterly beauty subscription box for redheads! Use code: REDHAIR for 10% off. Subscribe now!