Updated: May 25th, 2023
We LOVE color depositing shampoos for redheads. It naturally deposits color in red hair without the use of permanent dyes, you won’t have roots and you won’t have to dish out a ton of money at a hair salon. Plus, they are super easy-to-use.
If you’re a natural redhead, you can add this hair care product to your hair care routine 1-2 times a week. Great for natural reds who are experiencing natural fading and want to “up” their red.
If you’re a redhead ‘by choice’, use this regularly to lengthen the time in-between your trips to the salon.
Here are 7 tips you should know before trying a color depositing shampoo:
1. If you’re a redhead ‘by choice’, consult with your stylist or colorist before using it.
2. Color depositing shampoo and conditioners do not work for blonde or grey shades of hair. Warning: If you have blonde highlights in your red hair, using these products will turn them pink.
3. Rinse your hair after conditioning it with cool water. This will help close the cuticle and seal in moisture.
4. The product may stain so use a dark towel (or t-shirt) while drying your hair.
5. If you’re nervous to take the color-depositing plunge, we recommend adding a few drops to your currently used shampoo and conditioner. This is a great way to ‘up’ your red a tiny bit.
6. We advise conducting a strand test before using a color-depositing product.
7. For best results, lather on a color-depositing shampoo. Rinse. Apply and lather a color-depositing conditioner. Rinse with cool water.
Rock it like a Redhead!