Facial oils are great for slowing down signs of aging, keeping skin supple and soft, and enhancing your skin’s natural glow. Depending on your skin type, you might be wondering how the heck to incorporate a facial oil into your redhead skincare routine. Facial oils can be used by all redheads with different skin types, from dry to oily (yes, oily!) and everywhere in between.
1. Apply it directly to your skin
Some oils can be applied straight to your skin during your regimen. Apply a few drops to clean hands or straight to your face and rub in a gentle upward circular motion. Focus on the areas where you are most prone to wrinkles, dry patches, or signs of aging. You’ll want to do this step after cleansing, toning and applying your serums. This application is great for those with normal or dry skin.
2. Mix it into your moisturizer
Another great way to incorporate an oil into your redhead skincare routine is to add a few drops to your moisturizer. This can help to spread the oils evenly and nourish your face all over. Adding it to a moisturizer is a great option for those with oily skin and combination skin.
3. Mix it into your foundation
If you want to add a little glow to your look, try adding a few drops of your oil into your foundation. Add it sparingly and make sure you set it well. This method is preferable for those with dry skin and works best in the colder months when you aren’t at risk of adding sweat to the mix.
4. Use an oil-based cleanser
If your face feels dry or tight after removing your makeup and cleansing, try adding some oil into the mix with an oil-based cleanser. It will help to nourish the skin and allow full penetration.
We’re currently obsessed with these facial oils below. A few have been featured in past H2BAR Boxes!
1. For dry and aging skin: ClarityRx Glimmer Of Hope Shimmering Facial Oil
2. Vegan and cruelty-free: People’s Beauty Superfood Facial Dew
3. Multi-use and affordable: Leven Rose Jojoba Oil
4. For extra dry skin and redness: Drunk Elephant Virgin Marula Luxury Facial Oil
5. Natural and great for those with combination and oily skin: Burt’s Bees Complete Nourishment Facial Oil
6. For all skin types including dry and dull: Indie Lee Squalane Facial Oil
Regardless of which method you use, make sure you’re also using a hydrating moisturizer and staying hydrated by drinking enough water. The combination of the three will lead to soft glowy skin!
Rock it like a Redhead!