By: Tessa Viole
Eyelid primers should be a necessity in your redhead makeup routine. For those who haven’t used eyelid primers yet, start now. Here are three reasons why:
- It creates a solid base for your eye makeup.
- It’s a must if you want your eye makeup to last all day, especially during the summer heat.
- If you’ve ever wanted your eyeshadow to stop creasing halfway through the day, eyelid primers can fix that for you.
Using a brush or finger, simply smooth the eyelid primer over your eyelid before applying the rest of your makeup.
READ: MAKEUP PRIMER FOR SENSITIVE SKIN
Here are my top three ‘redhead friendly’ eyelid primers:
1. Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion Tube – I use this eyelid primer every day and it works great! A little goes a long way, and I would recommend their other products too. They’re not overpriced and you definitely get what you pay for quality wise.
2. M.A.C. Cosmetics Prep + Prime Highlighter – This is a perfectly designed product for those who are on the go. The stick design gives the freedom to apply the product quickly and easily. This is also a two for one because not only is it an eye makeup primer, but it can also be used for touch ups and brightening.
3. bareMinerals Broad Spectrum Multi-Tasking Face – Another two for one product, this can either be used on the face, eyes, or both! It also comes in different shades to perfectly match your skin tone. The mineral based formula is also perfect for those who have sensitive skin, like us redheads.
Which primer will you be rockin’ this season? Share below! Rock it like a Redhead!