For the past six months, How to be a Redhead has traveled throughout the USA for the 5-city Rock it like a Redhead Beauty Tour . The crimson-focused event series made stops in Austin, Nashville, Seattle, Chicago and is wrapping it all up in New York City on November 5, 2015.
Along the way, we’ve received many questions asking what the event is all about, what to wear and what to expect. Thanks to the incredible sketch from Yarden Karako, we were able to bring the event to life before many of you experience it first hand.
It is all happening at Gibney Dance Agnes Varies Center for Performing Arts, Studio C in TriBeca, downtown New York City.
So, pretend like you’re dressed up and ready to walk into the venue. Ready, set, go…
1. The day marks National Love Your Red Hair Day!
The 1st annual day was created by How to be a Redhead to empower redheads to feel confidence + rock their beauty. Read more here.
2. Upon entering the event, you will walk the red carpet and take a glamorous photo.
Many photographers will be on scene to capture the excitement and expressions of attendees. If you’re wondering what to wear, we encourage our audience to dress in what makes them feel comfortable; but it is a ‘dress to impress’ evening! Have fun with it and let your outfit express your personality.
2. You will then be directed to the sponsored ‘redhead friendly’ beauty and fashion bars.
Which to choose first?!
3. Enjoy makeup touch ups and advice from the Giella Custom Cosmetics experts.
We’re overjoyed to have the local New York City makeup company as the sponsor. They are the best when it comes to customizing products for different skin types — get ready to know what’s best for you.
5. St. Ives is the Official Skin Sponsor!
Redheads have so many questions about their skin and the best skin routine for a particular skin type. Experts from St. Ives will be there to discuss the many products available — and the best options for redheads.
6. Pureology Serious Colour Care will be giving complimentary hair touchups and consultations.
Want a fancy braid? Or have questions about your hair type? Ask away.
Pureology is also giving away a free set of Reviving Red to celebrate their sponsorship. Head to our Instagram page to enter now.
Ruth Roche, Pureology’s Artistic Director, will also take the stage to give live hair tutorials, tips.. and more.
7. Wink Brow Bar will be threading + perfecting brows!
A redhead always has questions about their eyebrows. Whether they’re too blonde, coarse or you simply don’t know what to do with them, Wink experts will give you expert tips.
8. The How to be a Redhead Beauty Bar will feature new apparel and brand new never-before-seen products.
9. Turn to KISS NAILS, the Official Nail Sponsor for the NYC event, to get mini-manicures, polish touchups.. and more.
KISS NAILS will have experts in a row to pamper you and give you the best nail advice.
10. Enjoy live performances for redhead rockstar, Shayne Leighton.
Shayne has traveled with How to be a Redhead from city-to-city for the Rock it like a Redhead Tour. This redhead rockstar will perform at the last + final stop. Get ready for lots of energy!
11. Enjoy another performance from Katrina Stone.
This beauty performed at Rock it like a Redhead in Seattle and we’re so excited to have her in New York City! Her voice is truly magical.
12. Aleem will be the last + final performer of the evening.
We were honored to have Aleem at our Chicago event and can’t wait for New York City to hear his amazing voice. This cannot be missed.
12. Complimentary cocktails and soft drinks will be provided.
Thanks to our beverage sponsor, DRY Soda. There will also be complimentary wine, cocktails, cupcakes and bar snacks.
13. The fashion shows will begin!
14. Beats from redhead DJ, Valissa Yoe
15. Leave with $300+ in beauty product.
General Admission attendees will leave with $300+ in beauty products and VIP will leave with $500+! They are our favorite products, handpicked by Adrienne and Stephanie, for each and every attendee.