1. For her infamous quote: “Once in his life, every man is entitled to fall madly in love with a gorgeous redhead.”
2. She loved coloring her hair with henna. Even her hairstylist, Irma Kusely, was instructed to keep her hair dye under lock and key. “I call it apricot but a lot of people think of it as red. It’s not red at all. It’s a golden apricot color. We used regular hair dye when I did her own hair. We then used as a balance, a henna rinse, which she was famous for,” said Kusely.
3. Who doesn’t love the classic hit show, “I Love Lucy.” Out of the hundreds of episodes that aired, ‘The Chocolate Scene’ had to be one of the funniest:
Photo: Getty Images
4. ..And, the ‘Vitameatavegamin Scene’ too:
5. Her hairstyle still inspires ladies everywhere around the world.
Photo by: Jaime Vermeulen
6. She kept her bright red hair color ’til the day she passed on April 26th, 1989.
7. That vivacious, funny personality.
8. Her fair, gorgeous skin.
9. She will forever be a household name. Who didn’t love “I Love Lucy” in color during the 2013 holiday season?!
10. “I Love Lucy” was the first comedy to be filmed before a live audience. When it aired, department stores closed early and telephone/water usage dropped. It was true then and true now, everyone stops for a redhead!
11. Her timeless look. Her thick, long eyelashes, red lipstick and classic red nails are a staple.
READ: GET LUCILLE BALL’S CLASSIC MAKEUP LOOK
12. Her laugher.
….We’ll always love Lucy. Now go ahead, turn on an episode and start from the beginning.
Rock it like a Redhead!